What is the Metric of Urgency Way™?
The Metric of Urgency Way (MoU™) focuses on the right key metrics to prioritize work and delivers results much faster and with more impact than traditional process improvement approaches. The MoU Way adds to the principles of Lean Six Sigma, incorporates business strategy, financial and proprietary key metric analysis in one simple process.
Metric of Urgency was developed over the last 20 years as an improvement to traditional Lean Six Sigma (LSS). MoU connects strategy to action and will improve any existing LSS initiative to drive meaningful impact.
The MoU Way is a systematic approach that links business strategy to prioritized improvement project execution that delivers:
- The Right Metrics. The MoU Way identifies the right metrics that truly matter to achieve results by identifying key process leading indicators that predict success.
- Focus. The MoU Way ensures you don’t work on everything at the same time. It provides focus on the critical few projects with the biggest impact.
- Urgency. The MoU Way creates urgency around the important work to improve situations that are of strategic importance and truly matter to the company.
- Alignment. The MoU Way delivers alignment within organizations from the senior executives to the frontline staff. Everyone working together and executing on the right project delivers success!
- Impact. The MoU Way isn’t about incremental change that results in limited impact. It is about delivering breakthrough change and meaningful impact.
Anecdotal approach to problem solving. Not based on data.
Wasted Resources by not knowing what projects to work on. Working on all projects at the same time often means nothing happens.
Limited/No Impact is the outcome more often than not because of a lack of focus and direction.
Systematic approach to problem solving based on data and factual decision making.
7 Key Components which must be followed to solve any problem. In the center sits the Metric of Urgency, a key leading indicator driving the desired change.
Meaningful Impact is achieved by working on the right critical few projects.
The MoU Toolbox
The MoU Way utilizes a unique set of 16 tools developed and proven from over 20 years of real world project execution from leading improvement programs at Fortune 500 companies. Each tool can be applied in a standalone setting or as a compliment to existing project and process improvement initiatives.
Get Focused. Learn the MoU Way Today.
Register for a free whiteboard session to learn how the MoU Way can have an immediate impact in your organization.